We’re finally fleshing out details for the first Prescott Blue Ribbon singlespeed race. It’s actually starting to resemble a mountain bike race. Weird.
Here’s what we have so far:
– October 3, 2009 (Saturday)
– 10:00 AM start time
– Start/Finish @ Schoolhouse Gulch Trailhead (White Spar Campground, S Hwy 89A)
– $35 donation to benefit local trails, includes sexy t-shirt
– Limited to 74 participants, so RSVP early to get in
– Singlespeed Only (sorry Lance- you won’t be able to do the Peeber)
We agonized (no, seriously) over how to include our derailleur-laden friends in the PBR… but in the end we got tired of talking and decided it would be easier for people to beg, borrow or steal a SS bike than it would be for us to figure out how to keep the geared bikes from slowing down all the singlespeeders on race day. (Kidding!)
But we do have good news to accompany the bad, so listen up.
Ed Furbush, resident rastacycleon at Southwest Sounds & Cyclery, has vowed to do whatever possible to get people on a singlespeed bike for the race. He’s building a few loaner rear wheels, stocking a few SS conversion kits, and will work with people to make the conversion as low-cost as humanly possible. So if your bottom lip starts to quiver at the mere thought of missing the 2009 PBR, just email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Ed at SWSC and we’ll hook you up!
– Men’s A /Women’s A… 22 miles.
– Men’s B/Women’s B… 15 miles.
– CASH primes up for grabs at the top of The Wall, for those who aren’t afraid to puke trailside.
– Schwaggy prizes TBA
– Post-race rally hosted by The Raven Café.
Limited to 74 riders! RSVP by email to email@example.com with your (a) name, (b) race category, (c) t-shirt size and (d) hometown.
To pre-register (so we have money in advance to pay for event insurance, t-shirts and a honeywagon), zap your $35 via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More info, directions and course maps available at www.ravensingletrack.com/PBR. (Give us a week on that one.)
I am really looking forward to the event and meeting a bunch of folks from the single speed tribe ! thanks Greg and company for putting this event together.