You Can Have A Happy Home
Here is the outline – the video will be up on Monday.
There were some shepherds in that part of the country who were spending the night in the fields, taking care of their flocks. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone over them. They were terribly afraid, 10 but the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people. 11 This very day in David’s town your Savior was born—Christ the Lord! 12 And this is what will prove it to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great army of heaven’s angels appeared with the angel, singing praises to God:
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven and peace on earth and good will towards men!”
Duke University did a study on “peace of mind.” Factors found to contribute greatly to emotional and mental stability are:
1. The absence of suspicion and resentment. Nursing a grudge was a major factor in unhappiness.
2. Not living in the past. An unwholesome preoccupation with old mistakes and failures leads to depression.
3. Not wasting time and energy fighting conditions you cannot change. Cooperate with life, instead of trying to run away from it.
4. Force yourself to stay involved with the living world. Resist the temptation to withdraw and become reclusive during periods of emotional stress.
5. Refuse to indulge in self-pity when life hands you a raw deal. Accept the fact that nobody gets through life without some sorrow and misfortune.
6. Cultivate the old-fashioned virtues—love, humor, compassion and loyalty
7. Do not expect too much of yourself. When there is too wide a gap between self-expectation and your ability to meet the goals you have set, feelings of inadequacy are inevitable.
8. Find something bigger than yourself to believe in. Self-centered egotistical people score lowest in any test for measuring happiness.
WHY DO WE NEED JESUS ?
James 4:1-2 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.
WE CAN WIN. ….WE CAN LOSE …OR WE CAN HAVE PEACE
Illus – having a “war” or “argument” in the car with your wife.
When you think you have won , when actually you have really lost.
Luke 2:52 – And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
John 14:27 – “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.
The two kinds of peace
PEACE WITH GOD – PEACE OF GOD
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1 (niv)
Colossians 3:15 – “Let the peace of God RULE your hearts.”
“Peace is a Place ….Its an issue of “proximity”. – Matthew 19:26 – “with God all things are possible.”
The video to this message will be on line Monday.
Visit us at http://www.discoveryprescott.com to contribute to this ministry today and who knows….there might be a story in the making.