08/8/08 -Beijing Summer Olympics opening ceremonies
Wactching the 2008 Summer Olymic open ceremonies ….wow! what an LCD screen those guys have.
Would love to have that in the new church building….and they could throw in the hugh scrim they are using at the top of the stadium too.
I think my favorite was watching the 2008 Ancient drums at the beginning of the show.
2008 drummers must have been pretty impressive in the “Birds nest”.
Really looking forward to watching the 2008 mountain bike competition.
GO TEAM USA!
Men’s Mountain Bike
1. Jeremiah Bishop (Harrisonburg, Va.)*
2. Michael Broderick (Chilmark, Mass.)*
3. Adam Craig (Bend, Ore.)*
4. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo.)*
5. Todd Wells (Durango, Colo.)*
6. Sam Schultz (Missoula, Mont.)**
Women’s Mountain Bike
1. Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo.)*
2. Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo.)*
3. Willow Koerber (Asheville, N.C.)*
4. Mary McConneloug (Fairfax, Calif.)*
5. Sue Haywood (Davis, W. Va.)**
The mountain bike competitions take place August 22 and 23.
The Olympic mountain bike circuit layout and profile, as well as a mile-by-mile virtual photo ride of the course, can be viewed by clicking here
BY THE WAY….G.W.BIKED THE OLYMPIC TRACK.
President George W. Bush is an avid Mtn. biker.
Though he won’t be racing for the US Olympic Team, US President George W. Bush got to preview the Beijing Olympic course with the Chinese team in November 2005.
By the way he rides a Trek Top Fuel.
Maybe someday I could get him to come a ride some of our single track here in Prescott.
This is NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT, I just think its cool he rides a mountain bike.